P L E A S E R E A D B E F O R E B O O K I N G
Effective March 17th, 2020
All regulations are set in place by the salon owner, Taye (The Hair Musician), to promote a healthy and enjoyable salon experience to each and every client. Hair Musiq Salon is a valued business. The terms and conditions below, govern Hair Musiq & the overall luxury beauty brand. In visiting the www.hairmusiqbytaye.com website, you acknowledge that you have read & accepted the Hair Musiq policies listed…
- The Hair Musician requires a non-refundable deposit to secure any and all appointments. No exemptions.
- Personal Checks and money orders are not accepted.
- Cash, Visa, Discover, and Mastercard are accepted.
- Your balance is due for all services, at the time of your appointment. No IOU’s.
- Hair Musiq’s prices list is NOT negotiable!
- All costs are starting prices.
- Prices, hair, maintenance, regimens and questions will be discussed during your consultation.
- Your final price will be determined at your consultation (for new clients) or at your visit (for existing clients)
- Charges vary depending on the length / condition of your hair, the styling technique used, & any add-on’s needed to achieve the desired style.
- All services are Al-a-Carte.
- All sales and service pricing are final. We do not offer refunds.
- A deposit is REQUIRED to book all appointments. (Service & Consultations)
- Deposits are $25 for services under $100 & $50 for services over $100.
- Deposits are added to the cost of your service(s) at checkout.
- Deposits can be made online through our booking system (debit / credit incurs a $2.50 processing fee), via cashapp ($hairmusiqsalon / incurs a $2.00 business transaction fee), or in person (fee free) at your current appointment / as a walk-in wanting to book.
- Extremely kinky, tangled, matted hair will incur an additional maintenance fee.
- Walk-In’s (if accepted) MUST pay full payment of service(s) in advance.
- Clients are granted a 10 min grace period. After 10 minutes, your appointment will need to be rescheduled.
- Consultations MUST start on time. There is no grace period.
- If you will be late, please call the salon at 860-856-8826. If “The Hair Musician” is running late, she’ll do the same”.
- If you arrive after 10 minutes of your start time, you’d lose priority seating. If there is time to squeeze you in between clients, you will be taken as a walk-in. If there is no time to see you, your deposit will be put towards a future appointment. If you are late after 10 minutes, but only call or text, you’d forfeit your deposit. We need to see you in person to roll your deposit over, re-book or squeeze you in.
- We do not allow extra guests or children during appointment times. To ensure our clients an enjoyable, relaxing, 1 on 1 experience, anyone not being serviced is asked to remain at home. Please do not bring anyone to wait. This includes parents.
- Children should only be in the salon if they’re being serviced.
- All hairstyles come w/ a shampoo & conditioning service. We do ask that you let us cater to you in providing professional hair styling. Washing your hair at home is unnecessary as we will re-wash it prior to your styling service(s).
- Children & adults who are tender headed, would need to be able to be able to sit during the styling service w/o causing a scene. Some of our stylists are very patient. If you or your child will potentially need multiple breaks, will cry loudly, or who will move around continuously (delaying the process), we unfortunately will have to deny your service. **The Hair Musician does not personally service tender headed clients**
- All guests must use headphones for personal listening devices, including children.
- Phone calls should be kept to a minimum & a conversation level. Please refrain from facetime, speakerphone and other loud conversations.
- Eating is allowed in our salon. Snacking is acceptable. Meals are discouraged upstairs. However, we do have an area downstairs w/ a table, chairs, napkins, wipes, a microwave and cutlery, where you can enjoy your meals
- Please refrain from changing your style upon arrival of your appointment. All allotments of time are accounted for and cannot be altered. All styles must be discussed w/ your stylist at least 24 hours prior to your visit.
- To guarantee the quality of the style required to achieve, The Hair Musician only uses specific hair brands. Futuristically, hair brands will be sold online. As for now, before booking, please discuss the hair needed before arrival.
- Hair used for any extension service, is not provided; Unless you are a V.I.S Member.
AFTER YOUR VISIT
- During your consultation / appointment, your stylist will go over at-home maintenance so that you may upkeep your style.
- Please reach out to us if you have any questions or have simply forgotten the instructions.
- You are encouraged to speak to your stylist immediately about any concerns you have with your hairstyle. Upon completion of every styling service, the stylist will hand you a mirror, making sure the style is to the client’s liking. This is the client’s opportunity to inspect for any issues before leaving Hair Musiq. We do not fix hair once the client has left our shop & all services are final and non-refundable.
- If you are dissatisfied w/ your style / service after leaving the salon, please email the salon by pressing our website. We accept constructive criticism well and would love for you to communicate your concerns. The stylist may or may not be able to correct your problem and is not obligated to do so. Again, thoroughly inspect your style upon departure. Discuss your conflict at the time of appointment.
- All sales are non-refundable.
- There are no exchanges in sales.
- There are no refunds on retail products.
Deposits are non-refundable, with the exception of the stylist cancelling 24 hours of your appointment.
If a reschedule is made on the stylists’ behalf, he/she must let you know 24 hours in advance (IE. appointment time 10am. Cancellation made 9am the day before.) Your deposit will then be applied to the agreed rescheduled date. If a reschedule is made w/i 24 hours of your appointment (IE. appointment time 10am. Cancellation made 11am the day before), you can request a refund OR be granted a $10 courtesy credit, applied to your rescheduled appointment.
NO’s AND DO-NOT’s
- There is absolutely no gossiping inside of Hair Musiq. Whether you’re speaking privately to your stylist or in secret in a phone conversation; Take it outside or Leave it before you come in. Our energies are clean and our vibes are up-lifting.
- Under no circumstances, is profanity or lude conduct tolerated. Please govern yourself accordingly. I understand that most clients are adults. However, respect is something that everyone can expect to receive at Hair Musiq. The atmosphere of this salon will be light and mentally exhilarating. I pride myself in providing mental stability to those that come in contact w/ me. My salon will exude the same internal brightness.
- NO CHILDREN PLEASE! Unless they are being serviced, please make proper arrangements for your children so that you will not have to bring them w/ you to your beauty appointment. Unfortunately, if you bring children, you will be politely asked to reschedule your appointment.
- We don’t rush. When you schedule your beauty appointment, please make sure that you are scheduling a day / time that will allow you to relax. This is your “me time” & you deserve enough time to get pampered. I personally pride myself on working in a spirit of excellence. If I am rushed, that could possibly compromise my ability to do my best.
**Please note. There is a service dog on the premises. His name is Ashton. He is an 8lb. Yorkshire Terrier. He doesn’t bite. He is hypo-allergenic & very friendly.
I F Y O U A G R E E T O T H E S E T E R M S, P L E A S E F I L L
O U T T H E A P P O I N T M E N T R E Q U E S T F O R M B E L O W: